Last weekend **Duncan**, **Lily**, and **Tamar** came over to prepare their Scholastic Gold & Silver Key winning images for exhibition. In the process we also made blueberry scones from one of my favorite Martha Stewart recipes. Enjoy the pics (taken by all of us) and the recipe—we sure did! Mari
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling tops
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing tops
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, with rack in center. Place a baking mat on a baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of peas. Stir in blueberries and zest.
- Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, and pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times to mix well.
- Pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 1/4 inches thick. Using a floured knife, cut into four 3-inch squares. Cut squares in half on the diagonal to form eight triangles. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with cream, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer scones to wire racks to cool.